Monday, June 05, 2006

Curse of the Blind Snowgoose

Upon the beaches blessed with sand
and standing in the spray,
I spy a sight that blinds the eye
with shades of white and gray.
A bird of heaven spreads its wings,
with beauty fills the sky.
Oh, Snowgoose loose my grounding chains
and with you let me fly.

The bird soars off to lands unseen
and leaves me standing there;
earthbound as I’ve always been,
alone and unaware
of life among the clouds above
and gliding in the air.
Oh, Snowgoose can’t you see me here?
It hardly seems so fair.

Snowgoose, how you’ve cursed me so,
I never can return,
to life amid the scoured faces,
for in my heart I yearn,
to ease into a downy spirit
and whisked, be in the air.
Oh, Snowgoose can’t you see me here?
It hardly seems so fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Writing For Christ
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next